Monday, June 2, 2008

Christ will be exalted

Hi everyone,

We would like to thank people for their emails and for their generosity for providing meals at this time. Thank you all for your care and prayers.

Dad has weakened to the point where visitation is restricted to family. If you would like to send a message to Dad, please email us (or hit reply) and we will ensure that he hears it.

Philippians 1:20-21 (New International Version)
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Thanks,
Ev, Janice, Matt, Dan, and Dave

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our dear friend… we again want you to know how you have impacted our lives… the blessing you have been during your years here on this earth… and we totally understand why God would want you by his side in heaven – you are an amazing man after God’s own heart …

When I think of G-E-O-R-G-E

G enerosity beyond measure for all people… and an

E ver-abundant love for your family and friends… exercising

O pen arms to lend support and give your en-veloping hugs… which may include

R aw emotion – you have never been afraid to show who you are – even thru tears… and of course the

G iggles of laughter at good jokes, cheers at games – the incredible sense of humor God gifted you with… and always

E xuding wisdom beyond your years… a gift given by God, and you used it to His Honor and Glory.


Your life, George, has been an inspiration… your children and grandchildren are just one testimony to that…

We love you dearly…. And always will… we anticipate our meeting again…



Carol and Paul, Jessica and Jordan…

Cheryle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryle said...

Uncle George,
I just wanted to say how much I love you. I was so happy when you wrote and said you were planning a trip to Europe and wanted to stop by and see us. I guess other plans were being made for your time... I have loved being your niece. Enduring your "pinches" when I was young might not have been high on my list of favourites, but I was always psyched when we younger cousins were "included" in outings with Uncle George. Over the years, your life has often inspired me. I thank God for having the privilege of having known you. God Bless you!!!
Cheryle xo

Anonymous said...

George

Do know that my thoughts have been about you and your family. You all have a strong faith. Do know that you have been appreciated for all your work with and for students in Moose Jaw and surrounding areas. Your latest work with PSSD and your ability to help us through some struggling times has been something I will remember for a long time.
Please know that our prayers have been said on your behalf and your families. Our God has plans that we can never imagine.
Lew Young - trustee PSSD

Anonymous said...

George,
Words seem inadequate to express the impact you have had on my life. You have challenged, motivated and inspired me! I have learned so much from the words you have spoken into my life, but even more by the way you live your life. Thank you for being an example of a man after God's own heart. I am blessed to know you. You and your family are continually in my thoughts and prayers.
Love in Him,
Nicole Shotton

Anonymous said...

Dear Ev and Family!

I was saddened, tonight, when Dianne Newman called to say that George had passed away - a blessing of sorts as he is no longer suffering but a huge loss for those of us who are left behind. After talking to Dianne, I went in search of old photo albums....and found many pictures of when Judy and I visited all of you in Florida, in 1991. From the time we saw that awesome tree in the halls at Palliser, Ev, we knew we were in for something but never knew what an inspiration both you, and George, were, and will continue to be even though he's passed away! When I think of George I think of inspiration, support, laughs (him reading "There's a Monster at the End of This Book," chicken salad sandwiches and hamburgers at the Shell restaurant, the gift of being able to make mistakes, laugh about them and most importantly, learn from them in the comfort and support of friends.........! George was an inspiration to all and those who were lucky enough to consider him a friend have learned life-long lessons. Although his life on earth ended early, he was a true inspiration to all - a devoted husband, dad, grandfather, colleague, friend and the list goes on. I will be eternally grateful for the many times I spent with George.........he certainly gave 150% in his short time on earth!

Love to you all!

Deanna (Carnie) Saulters

Mr. Ally said...

We just received sad news here at Prairie South SD. I wish all George Falk's family strength at this time. Last time I talked to George is hwen he was at my desk asked me to help fix his Treo Phone. He is a great man and God Bless him and his family.

Abdul
Computer Technician at PSSD