Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Discharged!

Hello everybody,

A lot has happened over the last 2 days. First, we decided that we would end chemo therapy. This was done in consultation with our doctors, who both support our decision to do so. The amount of pain and fatigue has made any hope of the extra month or two that chemo therapy could add just not worth it. We also continue to believe that God has a healing in store for George. And even the doctors agree that faith is what is so important at this point. So that really assisted us in coming to our decision to end chemo.

The next major piece of news is that meant that we would be transfered from the Pasqua hospital to Moose Jaw's hospital. But there didn't seem to be much of a point to remaining in a hospital when home care could do what I need. So this morning, Ev made inquiries with the various doctors, in Moose Jaw and here, about being transfered straight home and having home care take care of our needs. And after some discussion, it was agreed by all that it was a great plan. Most of my meds, I take orally except for my feed which happens intermittently during the day. It is at a much higher dose than it was before when we were at home. So it will have to happen through a gravity IV rather than through a syringe.

So that is our big piece of exciting news. We should be home some time tomorrow. And we are looking forward to seeing our yard, sleeping in our own bed, being able to do short walks, and seeing our grandkids!

Please pray for a speedy adjustment to the change for George's body.

Ev and George

jl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see George and Ev at the Pasqua last night! It was my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate it than to spend quality time with my dog, dine at The Keg, and to bug George for a bit! haha. I think I talked George into trying a delicious "scandalous strawberry" smoothie from Urban Apeel on some warm and lazy afternoon in his back yard. And yes, I did give warning about the inherent flatulence that often accompanies the yummy purees!

George expressed how overwhelmed that he and Ev felt at the outpouring of concern and support by so many. I reminded them that they should not be surprised as George has helped many, for a long time, in a lot of ways. It's one of those "reap what you sow" things.

I hope they continue to reach for assistance when they need it. And I hope they find comfort in the knowledge that many are praying, and that George possesses real hope, as he has placed his trust in the most capable hands possible.