Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'll fly away, O glory


Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragements over the last 5 months.  On Monday, 2 June 2008, at 5:20 pm, my dad, George Falk, went to be with his Saviour in heaven.  He was surrounded by family, who had spent the afternoon singing worship songs and hymns, watching musicals on video, and chatting together.  

There will be a viewing at Hillcrest Church on Saturday, 7 June from 7 to 9 pm.  The funeral will be at Hildebrand Chapel, Caronport on Sunday, 8 June at 3 pm.  There will be a reception directly following the service.

Dad found Jeremiah 29:11-14 very important to his life so it seems fitting to include it in our last update about him.

"'For I know the plans I have for your,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will be listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,' declares the LORD."

7 comments:

Cheryle said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. It sounds like you gave him a beautiful "send off".

Anonymous said...

Our Prayers and thoughts are with you. Love to you all. Ken, Dara, Josh and Shayla Zumstien

Anonymous said...

Ev, Matt, Janice, David, Daniel and families. Mike and I send our deepest condolences. I am writing with tears in my eyes. George has been on our hearts for these many months and in our prayers. We had hoped for an altogether different outcome. George has had the ultimate healing now though and is dancing with Jesus totally pain and cancer free. We have had George on the prayer chain here at Evangel and when I let people know this morning of George's passing this is one of the responses that I received back from Ben and Bea Falk who head up our prayer team:

Dear Maureen,

Our heartfelt condolences to you and the extended family. We were hoping for a different ending, but God
had the best plan of all. I know it`s hard to fathom the
why of it. My own father, Rev. Frank Falk, died of cancer at the age of 42 and I wondered why till God led me to Isaiah 57: 1 and 2. " The righteous perish and no one ponders it in their heart; devout men are taken away, and
no one understands that the righteous are taken away to
be spared from evil ". Again, my heart goes out to you and the family. Of course we will hold you up in our prayers!
Ben and Bea Falk.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed that God would grant me and my family such a wonderful gift in George. I am so sad that he had to go, but he accomplished more in his short lifetime than 99% of us will. George will truly be missed by Sheri and I, and especially by our girls, Amy, Deb and Paige. We went through a difficult time during Amy and Deb's vulnerable teen years, but I thank God that George was leading the school during this time. He was a pastor to our girls when our church lacked and I truly believe that God provided George with the wisdom and Holy Spirit presence to provide Amy and Deb with the Christian leadership they needed at that time. I will forever praise the Lord for George's impact on all of us.

With love and sympathy to all the family,

Tom Hansen

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2lGFkKJYRw
My thoughts are with you all. I heard many wonderful things over the years about George but never knew him personally. I had the priveledge of talking on the phone with him about my job as a EA in Thundercreek. I'd heard about when he was at Cornerstone and how great a man he was. Your family had been in my thoughts and prayers. I was praying for a miracle! Altho I am thankful he is no longer in pain. I am so sad for our loss as a family of God and community.Continuing to think of you and pray for you all. Blessings!Kari

Anonymous said...

Dearest Falk family,
What a beutiful service that you arrayed for George. The slide shows, the music, the sharing of memories through the displays both in the chapel and outside in the open area, The thoughts shared by family and friends. What a BLESSING you gave to all who were present. May God hold you all in his arms. Nathan is on a canoe trip with Mr. Green and the outdoor ed class so he wasn't able to be at the service. We send our love and prayers the Vanin Family

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out the Hillcrest Church website as well for some nice comments about George.
http://www.hillcrest-church.net/2008/06/05/tributes-to-george/

There are a few here as well:

http://ideasandthoughts.org/2008/06/07/dr-george-falk/